Parent Support during CoVid
CCS has created a document with additional supports for our families. In order to maintain accuracy and keep the information as up to date as possible, we've including a link below to a document that we can continue to modify as needed.
Thanks for your understanding!
From our school nurse:
MARCH - NUTRITION MONTH
Check out tips and ideas with THIS LINK
We can make changes: One Meal at a Time.
- Small changes can produce big results!
- No change is too small.
- Small changes are often the most successful.
- Make ½ your plate vegetables and/or fruit.
- Include whole grains at each meal.
- Eat a small portion of lean meats or alternatives at each meal.
- Drink water to quench your thirst.
- Drink skim, 1%, 2% milk at each meal to round out your meal.
- Use small amounts of healthy fats, such as olive oil, canola oil or nuts/seeds.
- Read the nutrition facts table and choose foods that have less than 15% Daily Value (DV) for sodium.
- Buy low sodium varieties of condiments and use small quantities.
- Cook without adding salt.
- Eat less packaged and/or processed foods.
- Cook healthy meals at home more frequently.
- Eating meals with family and friends builds relationships.
- Kids eat healthier when they eat with family.
- Encourages conversation and enjoyment with others.
- Be mindful of what and how you are eating.
- Make meal times a screen-free zone ( no phones or electronic devices)
- Be present with your family at meal times.