Calgary Society for Christian Education
Society Board members are elected individuals who are passionate and skilled to provide leadership and see that the mission and vision of Calgary Christian School is realized. Our 2022-2023 Board Members are:
- Jon Halford, Chair
- Matthew Weening, Vice Chair
- Lynette Edwards, Treasurer
- Michelle Zuk, Secretary
- Olugbenga Adebayo
- Lenny Houweling
- Chris Radke
- Sandy Vander Ziel
You may contact the Board by email: email@example.com
Calgary Society for Christian Education (also called the CSCE or the Society), founded Calgary Christian School in the 1960’s as a private school. Today, CCS is a faith-based Alternative Program operating within the public Palliser School Division. As partnering organizations, the CSCE and Palliser Schools have specific and complementary duties in operating Calgary Christian School.
Each family with a child enrolled in Kindergarten through Grade 12 will hold a membership in the Society. The Society has an elected Board of Directors to provide its governance and oversight, as well as administrative and maintenance personnel to fulfill the operational needs of the school. The Society’s work promotes, funds, advances, and sustains the mission, facilities, and programs of Calgary Christian School.
The Society holds, at a minimum, two meetings per year for members and supporters. Society meetings focus on the mission and oversight of the school, including financial, facility, and faith-based aspects of CCS. As a complement and in contrast to these duties, monthly School Council meetings are hosted by principals and led by elected parent officers to facilitate an exchange of information and ideas between parents and staff on educational, operational, and community relations matters.
This governance and operating model provides parents and supporters the opportunity to actively participate in developing and delivering quality Christian learning experiences for CCS students.
The CSCE has dedicated, on-site staff to advance our School's mission and provide for its general operations. These responsibilities include sustaining our Christian learning programs, and the strategic, financial, facility, and community development needs of Calgary Christian School.
- DeWyn, Ken: Executive Director
- Dada, Toba: Director of Finance
- Dube, Tanya: Executive Assistant
- Frederick, Lisa: Business Manager & Controller
- VanBorselen, Elisabeth: Accounts Manager
- Damen, Marianela: Director of Development
- Schaap, Leona: Marketing and Communications Coordinator
- McAuley, Teena: Admissions Coordinator
- Brandsma, Niki: Hospitality Coordinator
- Kilbreath, Layne: Director of Faith Formation
- Ermter, Keith: Director of Facilities
- Zwart, Arnold: Facility Care Lead - North Campus
- Zwart, Nicole: Facility Care Lead - South Campus
- Dees, Ron: Master Electrician
- Sawy, Paul: Facility Care Assistant - South Campus
- Cramer, Chris: Facility Care Assistant - North Campus
PRESCHOOL (Learning Adventures)