Calgary Society for Christian Education
Fall Society Meeting - Nov 20
Come out to the Secondary Campus at 7 pm on Tuesday night, November 20. Please find the meeting information package HERE .
Spring Society Meeting - May 14
Monday, October 15, 2018
Meeting was called to order by the Chair.
Vern Malcolm, Director, opened the session with devotions and prayer.
- The Board considered adopting a Consent Agenda format for its meetings going forward. Referred this item to Policy Committee for review.
- Received an update on the financial position of CCS and its annual audit.
- Approved a motion to allocate $100,000 of the fiscal year 2018 surplus to the Facility Fund
- Reviewed proposed capital expenditure priorities for 2018-2019.
- Agenda items were discussed and prioritized for the Fall Society Meeting including audited financials, capital priorities, update on the principal search, and strategic plan progress. Meeting is to be held November 20, 2018 at 7pm at the Secondary Gym
Society Board members are elected individuals who are passionate and skilled to provide leadership and see that the mission and vision of Calgary Christian School is realized. Our current Board Members are:
- Bill Lindemulder, Chair
- Gord VanVliet, Vice Chair
- Steven Kroeker, Treasurer
- Foluke Adebayo, Director
- Jessica Cheesman, Director
- Harry Nutma, Director
- Iris Charabin, Secretary
- Vern Malcolm, Director
- Lindy Couillard, Director
You may contact the Board by email: CSCE Board
Calgary Christian School is a faith-based Alternative Program within the Palliser School Division, in partnership with the Calgary Society for Christian Education (CSCE).
Each family with a child enrolled in Kindergarten through Grade 12 must maintain a membership in the Society. The Society has an elected Board of Directors as well as Society Staff that work together to direct the operational aspects of the school.
The Society holds, at a minimum, two annual meetings for members and supporters. There are voluntary advisory councils comprised of parents, staff and supporting members to offer support and information on educational, operational, financial and community relations matters.
This governance model provides parents and supporters the opportunity to actively participate in providing quality Christian education for the students at CCS.
There are a number of society staff employed by the CSCE to provide on-site support for the responsibilities of the society.
- DeWyn, Ken: Executive Director
- Brouwer, Corrin: Events
- Dees, Karen: Alumni Coordinator
- Dube, Tanya: Executive Assistant for Development
- Schaap, Leona: Marketing and Communications
- McAuley, Teena: Admissions Coordinator
- Kilbreath, Layne: Director of Faith Formation
- Dees, Ron: Master Electrician
- Ermter, Keith: Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor
- Sawy, Paul: Custodian (PM)
- Zwart, Arnold: Maintenance Supervisor
PRESCHOOL (Learning Adventures)
- Ohman, Susan: Preschool Director