Calgary Society for Christian Education
Calgary Society for Christian Education (also called the CSCE or the Society), founded Calgary Christian School in the 1960’s as a private school. Today, CCS is a faith-based Alternative Program operating within the public Palliser School Division. As partnering organizations, the CSCE and Palliser Schools have specific and complementary duties in operating Calgary Christian School.
Each family with a child enrolled in Kindergarten through Grade 12 must maintain a membership in the Society. The Society has an elected Board of Directors to provide its governance and oversight, as well as administrative and maintenance personnel to fulfill the operational needs of the school. The Society’s work promotes, funds, advances, and sustains the mission, facilities, and programs of Calgary Christian School.
The Society holds, at a minimum, two meetings per year for members and supporters. Society meetings focus on the mission and oversight of the school, including financial, facility, and faith-based aspects of CCS. As a complement and in contrast to these duties, monthly School Council meetings are hosted by principals and led by elected parent officers to facilitate an exchange of information and ideas between parents and staff on educational, operational, and community relations matters.
This governance and operating model provides parents and supporters the opportunity to actively participate in developing and delivering quality Christian learning experiences for CCS students.
CSCE Fall Society Meeting 2019 (as emailed on Tues, Nov 12 to Society Members)
Society Board members are elected individuals who are passionate and skilled to provide leadership and see that the mission and vision of Calgary Christian School is realized. Our current Board Members are:
- Gord VanVliet, Chair
- Gwen Uittenbosch, Vice Chair
- Steven Kroeker, Treasurer
- Iris Charabin, Secretary
- Lindy Couillard, Director
- Cheryl Grant, Director
- Harry Nutma, Director
- Ken Siemens, Director
You may contact the Board by email: CSCE Board
The CSCE has dedicated, on-site staff to advance our School's mission and provide for its general operations. These responsibilities include sustaining our Christian learning programs, and the strategic, financial, facility, and community development needs of Calgary Christian School.
- DeWyn, Ken: Executive Director
- Frederick, Lisa: Business Manager & Controller
- Wagenaar, Karen: Accounts Manager
- Dada, Toba: Director of Finance
- Dees, Karen: Alumni Coordinator
- Dube, Tanya: Executive Assistant for Development
- Schaap, Leona: Marketing and Communications Coordinator
- McAuley, Teena: Admissions Coordinator
- Kilbreath, Layne: Director of Faith Formation
- Cramer, Chris: Facility Care Assistant - North Campus
- Dees, Ron: Master Electrician
- Ermter, Keith: Acting Director of Facilities & Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor
- Sawy, Paul: Facility Care Assistant - South Campus
- Zwart, Arnold: Facility Care Lead - North Campus
- Zwart, Nicole: Facility Care Lead - South Campus
PRESCHOOL (Learning Adventures)