The community of Calgary Christian School knows that the service of our volunteers is priceless. The time, the skills, the care and the effort that is put into every job is vital to our students and staff. We believe that volunteering should be a partnership, one that is equally fulfilling for each of us.
At CCS, there have been many opportunities to contribute, and we would like to help you find the place that honours your gifts, your time and also brings the greatest return. Each volunteer also has the privilege and responsibility of modelling faith to our students, staff, and others that are in contact with our school - this is an amazing opportunity and one that has the potential to make a deep and lasting impact.
When volunteering in specific Elementary classrooms, we ask that there be a familial connection between the volunteer and one of the students in the class, in order to facilitate the familiarity that is important in such a setting. There are other volunteering situations that are of a more general nature, though, such as helping to prepare hot dogs on a hot lunch day, where such familiarity is not needed, and individuals are encouraged to sign up for these opportunities as well.
The following is what you need to know to become a volunteer at CCS:
- Fill out this CCS Volunteer Registration Form
Please note prior to starting this form:
- You will need a copy of your Criminal Record Check (CRC) in order to complete the form.
- If you will be a volunteer driver, you will need to obtain a driver's abstract.
- You may start the form and save it to return to it at a later date. You are not approved to volunteer until all requirements are met and the form is submitted and approved.
- You will be notified by email when you are approved to volunteer.
- Only if your name is on the list of volunteers with valid CRCs will you be permitted to volunteer.
This form follows the requirements in Palliser School District's Administrative Procedure 470.